When to plant gladioluses in Siberia
- When to plant gladioluses in Siberia in spring
- What varieties are suitable for Siberia
- What are the specifics of planting gladiolus bulbs for Siberia and the northern regions of Russia?
When to plant gladioluses in spring in Siberia
The timing of planting gladioluses in Siberia depends not only on the ambient air temperature, but also on the soil temperature. It should warm up to + 8 + 10 degrees. Usually such a warming of the soil can be observed by May 10 - 12. The deadline for planting flowers in the ground is the first half of June.
What varieties are suitable for Siberia
For Siberia, the most suitable are early, blooming in 80 to 84 days, and early to medium, 85 to 90 days, flowering period:
- Perm souvenir, early, color of flowers light lilac;
- Green Fairy, early to medium, flowers corrugated, color of lettuce-green;
- Chili Pepper, medium, petals light green with red tips;
- Banghele, early to medium, delicate pink flowers, corrugated;
- Blue Patterns, early, flowers delicate blue; corrugated.
What are the peculiarities of planting gladiolus bulbs for Siberia and the northern regions of Russia?
For 10 - 15 days before planting the corms should be taken to a warm and bright room. After that:
- clean them of husks;
- soak them in a light solution of manganese solution for 8 to 12 hours or make a complete preparation of bulbs for planting;
- place the bottoms down in one layer;
- make furrows or holes in the open ground, 10 cm deep for medium-sized bulbs, 15 cm deep for large bulbs, 4-5 cm deep for baby tubers;
- Spread bulbs 15-20 cm apart, baby tubers 2-3 cm apart;
- cover with soil;