Many gardeners, having planted few seedlings or missed the necessary sowing dates in the spring, begin to regret and get upset by summer about the missed opportunities on the plot to grow certain plants. But let's face it, the beginning of summer is not a reason to be sad! June is a good opportunity not only for people who want to increase their harvest in every way possible, but also for the plants themselves. The advantages are plain to see: The soil is already warmed up by the warm and gentle sunshine and the insidious sudden frosts have already retreated. So even if you're too late to sow your seeds in the spring, get them out again as soon as possible! And we'll tell you what you can sow in June 2022 to sprout or plant in the greenhouse.
- What to plant in June in the middle of Russia and the Moscow area
- vegetable and green crops
- Sowing in the open field
- Sowing in the greenhouse
- Gardening plants and flowers
- Planting in June in Siberia
- What to plant in June in the Urals for seedlings and in the greenhouse
- Favorable planting days for planting in June 2022
- Video about what you can plant in June in the vegetable garden
What to plant in June in Central Russia and the Moscow region
For June sowing, if you only have seeds available, there are several tricks, which we suggest you use to the fullest. Basic rules:
- If we are talking about the open ground, put the seeds only in well warmed and prepared soil. It would be good if you could take care of overnight coverings for the beds;
- Use seeds of crops with an early maturing and fruiting period. For example, crops with a long term (100-135 days) when planted in late June will not have time to blossom and bear fruit, and even if they do, the fruits risk not ripening until the autumn frosts. But early and medium-ripening crops are the way out! There is a wide variety of them on the market, and the main advantages are the maturity period of 45-80 days and suitability for winter storage;
- You can plant some crops with a short vegetation period several times during the whole season in the greenhouse, cyclically. For a trouble-free harvest, plant in the greenhouse cyclically every two weeks.
Horticultural and green crops
This list includes plants that sprout quickly and easily in the climatic conditions of the middle of Russia and the Moscow Region. Usually for these regions you can use the seeding tables directly on the package, but for other regions it is recommended to shift the sowing dates according to the current regime of day and night temperatures, precipitation.
Sowing in the open field
That you can plant in the open field in June in the Moscow Region and in the central part of Russia:
- Potatoes. Sprouts of early maturing potato varieties will appear as early as 5-7 days at favorable air temperatures. Plant as early as possible, in the first week of June;
- Carrots. Choose late-ripening varieties that will be winter-hardy. Sow in the first decade of June;
- Beets. Usually grown for eating in winter, so we don't need a quick harvest in summer. The ripening time for early beets is about 50-75 days, and for medium-ripening and late-ripening beets about 95 and 125 days, respectively. Count for yourself when it is best to plant the seeds so that you have time to harvest before the fall frosts;
- Sabbages, patissons. The earliest of these representatives from planting to ripening produce a crop in 45-60 days, depending on the variety. By planting early-ripening varieties in early June, you can enjoy ripe zucchinis as early as the beginning of August;
- Pumpkins. Plant as early as possible, in early June, so that they have time to ripen before the first fall frosts. Pumpkins are unstable to frosts, and the ripening time is long, about 90-100 days;
- Cabbage. Early-ripening varieties can be sown in June, as well as late-ripening varieties for souring. Cabbage is easier, it does not suffer from frost (late varieties), and you will enjoy the yield of early young cabbage in August;
- Pulses: beans, peas, beans. Peas and beans should be planted in the first half of June, their maturity period is about 2 months. And beans are unstable to the cold, so you need to harvest before frosts. Ripening dates of different varieties range from 65 (early) to 100 days (late);
- Greens: dill, parsley, lettuce, cilantro, basil, onions. The planting date is the first half of June. These crops will definitely have time to grow for greens and for salting vegetables. Dill can be planted several times during the summer.
Сажаем in the greenhouse
Rules for planting plants in the seedling stage for the suburbs: It is better to plant on a cloudy day or in the evening, so that the plants are not damaged by the active sun. We plant the following crops in the greenhouse if stable heat is established:
- Cucumbers. Planting a month's worth of seedlings. Timing is the first half of June;
- Tomatoes. Two-month-old seedlings planted in March-early April will be suitable. Planting date is 1-2 weeks of June;
- Perry. Late varieties are planted. Time of planting is the first half of the month;
- Bucklings. The same rule applies as for peppers, plant sprouts of late varieties in the first half of June.
Важно! If frosts have receded and temperatures are stable enough both day and night, cucumber and tomato seedlings can be planted not only in the greenhouse but also in the open field at the same time.
For ornamental plants and flowers
Two year old varieties of ornamental crops may be planted; the best flowers to plant are larkspur (delphinium), violets, forget-me-not, daisies and others.
Посадка plants in June in Siberia
East and North east of Russia, namely Siberia, in June can boast both abnormal heat and cold weather, sharp drops in air temperature. Therefore, it is necessary to choose winter-hardy varieties for planting in the open ground in seedlings. It is not necessary to take risks with delicate and heat-loving crops. Here is what can be planted in the open ground:
- Potatoes. The timing for planting seed is the first week of June. Choose early-ripening varieties with a maturity period of about one and a half to two months, and by the end of summer and beginning of autumn you can enjoy young potatoes;
- Carrots. Choose frost-resistant varieties. The planting dates are the first half of June. They also depend on the timing of maturation (usually indicated on the seed package). Recommended varieties: with terms of maturity of 2.5-3 months (about 70-90 days);
- Root parsley Feels well even in a cold, you can plant it after frosts. Many people agree that the best time to plant parsley is under the winter, but this is not true. Parsley is a very environmentally adapted plant. If the purpose of cultivation is greens, it is better to plant closer to the middle of June, and to root at the beginning, in the first days;
- Greens: onions, garlic, dill, sorrel. \"Green companions\" are planted in the first half of June. Sprouts appear already in 5-7 days.
With the open ground, there is no hurry given the Siberian climate. Plants, given the season, should also be fast-growing. In the greenhouse for planting in Junethe list of crops is as follows:
- Cucumbers. Depending on the climate, planting may extend through the entire first half of June;
- Redish. It can generally be planted all summer long at 2 week intervals. Then you will always be provided with fresh and spicy root vegetables;
- Rye - first half of June;
- Carrots (some cold-resistant varieties) - first decade of June. After the seedlings have grown strong, you can and should sprout in the open ground;
- Cauliflower - first decade of June, for sprouts;
- Repa. Planting dates first to second week of June;
- Daikon. Planted by seedling method in the greenhouse. Planting date - first half of June;
- Fennel. Planted at the end of the month. It is grown for herbs and spicy above-ground bulb. For greens you can plant later, but for a crop of aromatic bulbs it is better to use the time from the end of the second decade of June.
Что to plant in June in the Urals for seedlings and in the greenhouse
In the Urals, planting dates vary depending on the climate situation. There are no special conditions. If it is warm - you can plant in the average established dates, relying on the recommendations given on the seed packets and the lunar calendar. If it gets colder, the dates are shifted by 1-2 weeks, so that the soil has time to warm up.
List of cultivated plants for the open field:
- Potatoes- first week of June;
- Seeded Onions- first week of June;
- Greens (dill, sorrel, parsley and others)- second decade of June;
- Rye- mid June;
- Pearl beans- first half of June;
- Pulses (peas, beans, beans) - second half of June);
- Flower seedlings(annuals and biennials) - first half of June;
В теплицу рекомендуется высаживать рассаду следующих культур:
- Огурцы. Planting seeds (first or second week of June) or planting already grown plants in the greenhouse - middle of June;
- Tomatoes. Planting of the grown-up seedlings. Early varieties - in the middle of June, late - in the first decade;
- Perries. Planted in the second decade of June, can be combined with the planting of tomato seedlings;
- Bucklings. They require quite a lot of time to grow. Hardened seedlings are planted in the second decade or middle of June;
- Basil (classic, green, lemon).Freezes and cold does not like, so planted in the greenhouse in the second decade of June.
Благоприятные Planting days for planting in June 2022
Favorable days for sowing seeds:
- Cucumbers-1, 2, 3, 9, 10, 11, 12, 19, 20, 24, 25;
- Perries, eggplants-1, 2, 3, 11, 12, 19, 20, 24, 25;
- Cabbage - 1, 2, 3, 9, 10, 11, 12, 19, 20, 24, 25;
- garlic - 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 24, 25;
- Bulbs - 1, 2, 3, 11, 12, 15, 16, 19, 20, 24, 25;
- Tomatoes - 1, 2, 3, 11, 12, 19, 20, 24, 25;
- Owns - 1, 2, 3, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 19, 20, 24, 25;
- Greens - 1, 2, 3, 11, 12, 19, 20, 24, 25.
Favorable days for sowing and planting flowers:
- Annuals 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 19, 20;
- Biennials and perennials 1, 2, 3, 9, 10, 11, 12, 15, 16, 19, 20, 24, 25;
- Letters and tubers 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 19, 20, 24, 25.
Favorable days for planting seedlings:
- Fruit trees-9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 9, 20, 24, 25;
- Grapes-1, 2, 3, 11, 12, 19, 20, 24, 25;
- Gooseberries, currants-1, 2, 3, 9, 10, 11, 12, 15, 16,9, 20, 24, 25;
- Malina, blackberries - 1, 2, 3, 9, 10, 11, 12, 9, 20, 24, 25;
- Strawberries, strawberries - 1, 2, 3, 11, 12, 15, 16, 9, 20, 24, 25.
Videos about what you can plant in June in the vegetable garden
What vegetable crops you can plant in the open field in June. Join in the viewing!
June is a continuation of the active planting and seeding season. Do not be afraid to plant different crops in June, appealing to the fact that they will not mature. Study the maturity dates carefully and assess the climatic capabilities of your region! Cultivated plants can be planted successfully both outdoors and in the greenhouse. Experiment, and the plants are sure to please you with an abundant fall harvest!