The end of winter is the hot time for vegetable growers - it's time to grow seedlings of vegetable crops and flowers, including bell peppers. There are usually no problems with the process of planting seeds. But vegetable growers often make mistakes when fertilizing pepper seedlings.
When and with what to fertilize seedlings, how not to make mistakes when fertilizing - these are the main topics that will be discussed below.
- When to fertilize bell bell pepper seedlings
- How to determine, What minerals pepper seedlings lack
- What to put under pepper sprouts for better growth
- What to fertilize pepper sprouts while they are growing
- Before picking
- What to fertilize sprouts after picking
- Feeding of sprouts 7-10 days after picking 10 days after picking
- What to put under the seedlings before transplanting them into the seedbeds
- Use folk remedies to fertilize pepper sprouts
- Use a yeast solution
- Feeding with Ashes
- Effective fertilizer for strong pepper seedlings - video
When to fertilize bell bell pepper seedlings
There are various schemes for fertilizing bell bell pepper seedlings during their cultivation. But the most effective is the following:
- Before the seedling picking procedure. Fertilizing is done after all the seeds have sprouted. The main purpose of this kind of fertilization is to activate the growth of seedlings and strengthen their immunity;
- After the plants are unrooted. In this case the nutrients introduced into the soil help the seedlings to acclimatize faster;
- 8-13 days after picking the pepper sprouts. The essence of this feeding is to further improve the immunity and strengthen the seedlings themselves before transplanting them to a permanent place;
- A week and a half before transplanting the seedlings. This nutrient application will help the plants acclimatize better after transplanting.
How to determine which minerals your pepper sprouts lack
If the soil is too nutrient poor the seedlings will immediately show this:
- when the seedlings first turn blue and then turn red, their stems become thinner, and the foliage curls, it means the seedlings lack phosphorus;
- when the seedlings begin to grow more slowly and small patches of gray appear on the leaves, this indicates a lack of calcium in the seedlings. It is advisable to discontinue potassium and nitrogen fertilizers;
- when leaf tissue begins to die off, it means that the seedlings are not getting enough iron. This happens if the seedling soil is not properly prepared;
- Nitrogen deficiency leaves turn pale and fly off;
- If the soil lacks potassium, the leaf margins begin to dry and yellow spots appear on the leaves.
What to put under pepper seedlings for better growth
To make the seedlings actively grow and develop, To make the seedlings grow actively, you should put in growth stimulants such as Malyshok or Krepush, or use folk remedies, such as infusion of yeast. Ready-made working solutions are also recommended.
From ready-made fertilizers you should use Kemira-Lux, Kristalon or Ideal. Разводятся такие подкормки строго по инструкции.
Нужно помнить! You should not use too much fertilizer when growing seedlings as too much is just as bad for the plants as not enough.
What to feed pepper sprouts while they are growing
When to apply fertilizer to these seedlings was explained above. Now consider what fertilizers should be used at different stages of seedling growth.
Before picking, bell bell pepper seedlings should be fertilized if the plants appear weak.
Feeding can be done with one of the following recipes:
- for 4 liters of water 2 tsp. of urea and 10 ml. of humate;
- dissolve 12 g. of superphosphate, 4 g. of potassium and 2 g. of ammonium nitrate in 4 litres of water.
Если of being able to accurately measure out the right amount of preparations, Agricola can be used as a top up and diluted strictly according to the instructions.
What to feed the seedlings after picking
After the plants are planted in separate containers, they should be fed with this working liquid: dissolve 1 tsp. L of urea and 5 ml of humate.
Feeding the seedlings 7-10 days after picking
For this feeding, dissolve a cup of wood ash in 10 L of water. This mixture should be infused for 48 hours and then placed in the corners of the containers.
If you do not have wood ash on hand, you can use a working liquid of Epin or Aquarine as a top-up.
What to put under the seedlings before transplanting them into seedbeds
About a week before transplanting the seedlings to a permanent place, you can feed them one last time with the following solution: dissolve 16 g potassium, 12 g superphosphate and 2 g ammonium nitrate in 2 l of water. This kind of fertilizer can be replaced by Atlet or Cornevinus, which are applied \"by the leaf\".
Use of folk remedies to fertilize pepper seedlings
Many vegetable growers do not use chemical agents as fertilizer for pepper seedling and adult plants, but apply only infusions or decoctions from handy remedies that are always at hand.
Use a yeast solution
To prepare this infusion, dilute 100 g of raw yeast and a cup of sugar in 3 liters of water and stir thoroughly and leave to ferment in a warm place for 1-1.5 weeks. Then the infusion is diluted with water in a ratio of 1:50 and produce watering sprouts. Seedlings can be watered with this tincture every 12-14 days.
Feeding with wood ash
In 2 liters of warm water, dissolve 1 tbsp. ash and infuse for 24 hours. This infusion can be used as a root or foliar dressing.
Effective dressing for strong pepper seedlings - video
If you do this simple procedure, your pepper seedlings will be strong and green. Such seedlings are sure to please you with a rich harvest in the future. Join in the viewing!
If fertilization is done at the right time, pepper seedlings will grow strong and healthy, acclimate quickly to their new location, and produce good harvests later.